The Cross Bath is an intimate open-air thermal bath. With its own changing facilities, the Cross Bath is a separate building and provides an alternative to the more extensive spa facilities in the New Royal Bath.
Where the Cross Bath now stands, the Celts revered their goddess Sul, in whose honour the Romans named their spa town, Aquae Sulis. The Cross Spring is now recognised as an official sacred site. As you relax in the oval Cross Bath, you can watch the natural thermal waters cascade from the spring and a specially commissioned poolside fountain.
The Cross Bath is a unique venue that can be enjoyed exclusively for small parties of up to 6 people from 17th May and up to 10 people from 21st June.
As of 17th May, the Cross Bath will be available for exclusive hire only on Saturdays and Sundays. Exclusive hire of the Cross Bath will include the use of towel, robe & slippers, a 1/½ hour spa session plus two glasses of Prosecco (or juice) for each guest.
Exclusive hire will cost £400 for up to 6 guests (Each additional person £10).
• Children under 12 are not permitted in the Cross Bath. Young people between 12 - 15 must be accompanied by an adult/guardian on a 1:1 ratio. Proof of age required
• Sessions in the Cross Bath last for 1 ½ hours including changing time
• The Cross Bath can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests from 17th May and up to 10 guests from 21st June
• Only food and drinks purchased on the premises may be consumed in the Cross Bath
• Treatments are not available with a Cross Bath booking
• Towel, robe and slippers are included